Updated May 2021
As a business providing services across disciplines, we regularly work with data related to our clients and their customers. With the rapid growth of data usage in recent years, we view the protection of personal data as a top priority for our company. All of our employees are conscious of this and apply the following policy across their work:
1. All personal information will be obtained, handled, and supplied to third parties through appropriate means and will not be used for purposes other than that within the scope of our business:
(a) Personal Information Entrusted by Our Client: All confidential and/or personal information will be handled according to rules regarding confidentiality and handling of personal information agreed upon with the client.
(b) Personal Information Entrusted to Third Parties: All confidential and/or personal information will be handled according to a contract or memorandum regarding confidentiality and handling of personal information that is drawn up in advance.
(c) Personal Information Directly Obtained by Our Company: All information will be obtained, handled, and supplied to third parties with prior agreement by the owner of the information as to the purpose for which the information will be used.
2. All reasonable organisational and technological measures will be taken to ensure the protection of personal information against leakage, loss, or damage. If the appropriate management of information is compromised in any way, required corrective or preventive measures will be taken.
3. All laws, state-mandated guidelines, and regulations regarding the handling of personal information will be adhered to.
4. All employees will be routinely educated on our personal information protection policy and management system to ensure their full understanding and proper application. Regular efforts will be made to review and improve our systems.
5. Complaints and concerns regarding the handling of personal information will be addressed seriously and with care.
Handling of personal data
We use personal information in the following ways:
1. To plan, execute, and administer marketing campaigns on behalf of our clients.
2. To plan, execute, and administer research studies and/or surveys on behalf of our clients.
3. In relation to providing other services to our clients.
4. To plan, execute, and administer our own research.
5. As part of our communication with clients or other business partners.
6. For hiring and employment purposes.
7. To manage current and former employees.
Third party data sharing
Personal information that we possess will not be supplied to third parties apart from the following contexts:
1. When there is consent by the owner of the information.
2. When it is required by law.
3. When it is deemed necessary to protect the life, health, property, or other vital interests of the public or the owner of the information.
4. When required to cooperate with state authorities.
Disclosure, revision, and deletion of personal data
For personal information to which we have the right to disclose, amend, or delete, if such a request is made by the owner of the information, we will comply within a reasonable time and extent after verifying the identity of the individual making the request.
Please contact us to inquire about our handling of personal information or to make a request to disclose, amend, add, delete, discontinue the use of, or remove personal information, or to stop disclosure to third parties.
In accordance with Article 37 of the Personal Information Protection Act (Law No. 57, 2003), we are under the purview of the following personal information protection organisation authorised by the governing cabinet minister.
The organisation hears complaints and concerns regarding the handling of personal information by private enterprises that fall under its authority:
Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (JIPDEC)